Flowers bring beauty and freshness into every space in a way that can hardly be achieved by other means. Green accents contribute to any internal or external space. In addition to helping improve health by purifying the air, plants are an exceptional aesthetic element that can enhance every room.
When talking about interior design, flowers and greenery have an important role in the overall layout. The beauty of the well-chosen flowers is an excellent addition to the furniture and the overall radiance of the room, whether it is a house or an apartment.
However, sometimes we are confronted with one of the most serious challenges for interior designers – space constraints.
Unfortunately, we cannot always spare larger space for a beautiful green corner for potted plants at home or in the office, This, however, should not discourage you. Our experience in interior design and building sustainable interior helps us find flexible solutions by applying different landscaping ideas.
Hanging gardens for indoor spaces
Everyone can make a really effective addition to a home, office or other space by using hanging gardens. This principle is suitable in places where free space is limited. Everyone can use a variety of sources of inspiration to choose an option that fully satisfies the individual needs, as well as the requirements of the space.
If you have decided to take up this challenge yourself, you can safely refer to many readily available ideas for home decorating on the internet. Of course, you can always rely on professional decorators and interior designers to help you accomplish this task.
The advantages of DIY hanging pots are many, but the most important is that you don’t really need a place on the floor. You just need a few mounting anchors. Equipped with the right hooks, you will be able to mount the desired hanging pots.
Do it yourself: hanging flower pots
There are dozens of ways to make hanging pots for decoration in your home or office. It is easy to buy ready-made accessories, but the biggest advantage of handmade hanging pots is that you can choose materials, colors and workmanship yourself. This way you can integrate your new hanging pots with the colors and interior design of the room.
- Fabric strips in colors of your choice – the best is to work with a cotton cloth that will withstand the load of your pots.
- Sharp scissors.
- Ruler or yardstick.
- Pots of your choice – ceramic, plastic or other.
- Step one: Cut 8 equal sized pieces between 1 and 1.5 meters in length.
- Step two: tie the strips together with a strong knot at the bottom. Divide into 4 sectors with 2 strips each.
- Step Three: Leave about 4 cm from the big node and make a new node in each sector. Make a “cross” by joining the individual sectors where the pots is placed.
- Step Four: You can now place the pot in the “bed” you’ve done with the knots. Hang the anchor with a hook.
Photos / Source: Chris Andre, Brit + Co / Brit Morin – Homemakers